JOIN OUR TEAM
Data is your passion!
The B&S Group is the premier distribution partner that provides consumer goods to specialized markets worldwide. Since March 2018, we have been a listed company on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. The B&S Group is currently in the middle of transitioning from a traditional trading firm into a digital, IT-driven company.
ETL Developer at B&S Group
We are looking for someone who, from their own vision, expertise and experience, can contribute to the management and optimization of our expanded data warehouse landscape. You, as a member of the BI (Business Intelligence) team, are responsible for the current data flows and the development/making accessible of new data sources. You will structure this data and make it accessible for, among others:
- Cognos Framework Manager
- Power BI
- Microsoft SSAS Tabular
Every day, we are expanding our data model, which involves a constant trade-off between capacity and performance optimization. With your expertise, you will help us continue to develop the data model in the correct manner so that we will always stay ahead of the constant growth. Due to the size of the organization, some form of authorization will be involved so that we can ensure that the right data is provided to the right person or department. You resolve incidents and provide strategic solutions for challenges in the area of ETL, both in terms of reliability and performance.
Every three weeks, the team will compile the deliverables with the help of sprints (Lean method). Twice a week, you will also give a digital stand-up presentation to share your knowledge with colleagues. These are mainly BI specialists, Data Science colleagues and technical specialists from other departments. The BI specialists will start working with your reliable data to develop visualizations. Data Science uses your data to develop a predictive methodology. You thereby provide the foundation for acquiring insights within the organization, ranging from financial to operational.
That is why being able to work together efficiently is an important factor in this work. Are you the kind of person who gets excited about managing and expanding a data warehouse model? Do you have an eye for optimization and enjoy achieving the best results? If so, we look forward to receiving your application!
IT Department at B&S Group
At the holding level, the IT organization is growing and subdivided into Infrastructure, Applications and E-Business teams with approximately 60 colleagues. The entire IT team is responsible for 2,000 users, 1500 work stations, 10 Distribution Centers and roughly 75 points of sale spread across several segments and countries. All of this within an organization with a turnover of €1.8 billion. Within the B&S Group, IT is crucial for the further growth of the company. The IT strategy focuses on providing the business, the customers and the suppliers with the most modern technologies. This calls for ambitious, talented IT staff who speak the language of business.
This is you
- You have at least an HBO/Bachelor work and intellectual level;
- You have at least 2 years of experience as an ETL Developer and are capable of proactively approaching the architecture;
- Knowledge of database architecture and the corresponding performance-tuning;
- You are Microsoft-minded and have experience with managing Microsoft SQL environments;
- You don't mind working outside the standard office hours on occasion;
- You communicate well, you are independent, eager to learn, and you ask the right questions.
- Salary: a good salary, in accordance with your experience and education
- Personal development: Obtaining the relevant certificates according to your needs
- Vacation days: 25 vacation days with the possibility of buying 7 extra days and earning 2 extra days
- Bonus: annual Christmas bonus and a performance-based bonus
- Travel expenses: a net compensation of maximum €215 per month
- Group discount: a great annual discount on your health insurance premium
- Pension: participation in our own pension fund, in which we pay two thirds of your premium
- Free use of our health clubs at our locations in Delfzijl and Dordrecht