JOIN OUR TEAM
You change everything!
We are currently working on a transformation which will implement a "Digital First" approach in all areas within the B&S Group. This approach ensures that all business processes will be optimally automated and as efficient as possible. And this is why we are looking for new colleagues! Colleagues who are passionate about new technologies and enjoy varied and diverse work. Not only in terms of the actual work activities, applications and technology, but also considering the range of business activities. In addition, the organization is growing fast and faced with several challenges. Also with the "Digital First" approach, IT is now a prominent topic on the agenda within our organization!
Network Engineer at B&S Group
The diversity and complexity of the IT infrastructure make it a challenging environment to work in. You will be tasked with over 2,000 users, interesting security topics and a large-scale, internationally-standardized corporate network. These challenges demand smart solutions! We also have a number of branches that still need to be integrated here and abroad. As Network Engineer, you will be part of the Infrastructure & Workplace team. The team has one collective ambition: to work together with passion in providing a fast, safe and reliable infrastructure.
You will be asked to:
- Manage the network environment and firewalls
- Monitor the user statistics
- Form the 2nd line when it comes to operational matters
- With a security mindset, constantly implement improvements in the internal and external networks
- Help conceive the architecture for the future
- Work in various project teams
Two major spearheads are Security and Collaboration. That is why we strongly focus on integrating all the business components of the B&S Group into our standardized and centrally-managed corporate network. The organization is always on the move and new developments always result in more integrations that need to be carried out. We tackle these challenges as a team and that is precisely what we are good at.
A quick summary of the technical environment:
- Data centers: External 4-Tier and Azure
- Work stations: full Microsoft technology
- Network: Cisco (in combination with High End Firewall)
- WAN: Dark Fiber (in-house)
- You have a higher education work and intellectual level (at least Dutch HBO)
- You have at least 3 years of experience as Network Engineer and you can help conceive the IT architecture
- You are CCNP certified or willing to obtain certification
- You have experience with Cisco routers and switches, Cisco Wireless LAN controllers
- You are Microsoft-minded and have experience in managing Microsoft environments
- You also have the required flexibility to carry out work activities that have been scheduled outside office hours when necessary
- Any experience you have in making network designs is a plus
- You communicate well, you are independent, eager to learn and you ask the right questions
What we offer
- Salary: a competitive salary that is commensurate to your level of experience and education
- Personal development: Earn relevant certificates, including CCNP and MCSA certificates
- An informal, flat organization that focuses on results
- Vacation days: 25 vacation days with the possibility of buying 7 extra days and earning 2 extra days
- A bonus: a biannual performance-based bonus
- Travel expenses: a net compensation of max. €215 per month
- Work with the latest technologies
- Member of a driven team with an innovative mindset
- A work environment that offers diversity, freedom and independence
- Group discount: a great annual discount on your health insurance premium
- Pension: participate in our own pension fund in which we pay two-thirds of your premium
- Free use of our health clubs at our locations in Delfzijl and Dordrecht.
IT Department & B&S Group
The B&S Group consists of three segments: B&S, HTG and Capi. The B&S Group is the premier distribution partner that provides consumer goods to specialized markets worldwide. Since March 2018, we have been a listed company on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. The B&S Group is currently in the middle of transitioning from a traditional trading firm into a digital, IT-driven company.
At the holding level, the IT organization is growing and subdivided into Infrastructure, Applications and E-Business teams with approximately 60 colleagues. The entire IT team is responsible for 2,000 users, 1500 work stations, 10 Distribution Centers and roughly 75 points of sale spread across several segments and countries. All of this within an organization with a turnover of €1.8 billion. Within the B&S Group, IT is crucial for the further growth of the company. The IT strategy focuses on providing the business, the customers and the suppliers with the most modern technologies. This calls for ambitious, talented IT staff who speak the language of business.
B&S does not approve of any commercial, contractor and agency acquisition via this job posting.