JOIN OUR TEAM
Senior Purchase Manager Meat
Senior Purchase Manager Meat
The expert in the international market!
As a Senior Purchase Manager, you’ll lead the purchase strategy and the development of our entire meat portfolio. The world of meat is your stage and you know all there is to know about this market. You purchase products from all over the world for our international markets. You can’t wait to pass on your knowledge to your colleagues from your team and take the lead when it comes to achieving our goals.
- You feel totally comfortable in the world of trading meat.
- You possess excellent negotiation skills, combined with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time under pressure and strict deadlines.
- You have strong analytical skills. You can easily collect all the necessary information and connect all the dots.
- You have excellent social and communication skills. You know how to pull everyone together. Also, you’re able to network and build long-term relationships.
What are your responsibilities as a Senior Purchase Manager Meat?
Realize our ambitions. The meat market is developing rapidly and you will take the lead in developing the strategy for this category within B&S. It’s important to form strategic alliances with suppliers and to make the most out of our worldwide distribution platform.
Your main tasks:
- Together with your team, you’ll be responsible for the design and implementation of the meat strategy, where quality and cost ownership are the ultimate goal.
- Your purchase strategy is derived from the business’ strategy: you know customers’ needs and collaboration with Sales is key.
- You will translate this into KPI’s, on which the purchase requirements will be based.
- You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining long-term relationships.
- You’ll closely follow any developments that occur in the market and you know how to strategically seize opportunities, anticipate pricing developments and economic influences.
- You act as a sparring partner for our vendors and customers.
- You guide your team in achieving results and in their personal development.
- You regularly visit trade fairs to find new potential partnerships and to realize new opportunities.
Skills and background
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You’ve gained at least 5 years of working experience in the import and export of meat.
- You’re fluent in English. Speaking Dutch would be an advantage.
An offer you cannot refuse
- An international job where the world is your playing field.
- Autonomy: make your own game plan to conquer the meat market.
- An informal working environment in a young and ambitious team.
- The chance to receive bonuses and extra days off, depending on your own success.
- Good fringe benefits, from our own fitness center to corporate drinks and parties.
Are you interested in the above position and want to become a member of the B&S team?
Please apply directly by clicking the button and uploading your resume and cover letter. We are looking forward to welcoming you at B&S.
B&S does not approve of any commercial, contractor and agency acquisition via this job posting.